Now, being from the school of literature where the things we read were actual books, we lugged around heavy books, loved the smell of books. Real books. Visit my house and you’ll find bookshelves full of all genres of books—poetry, classics, erotica, Gothic lit, memoirs, you name it, I probably have it. So, for me to promote an eReader to you, my dear reader, I must be convinced.
So am I? Convinced that is? I won’t be giving up the rich smell and feel of a good book, but there are some perks and advantages of adding an eReader to your library.
Here are some Kobo Mini fast facts:
Incredibly portable and fully-functional, the Kobo Mini goes everywhere you do:
· The 5” Kobo Mini is the smallest, lightest full-featured** eReader in the world
· With Kobo Mini’s glare-free E Ink touchscreen, it’s just like reading print on paper—even in direct sunlight
· The Kobo Mini is fully customizable and allows you to choose from 7 font styles and 24 font sizes, as well as exclusive weight and sharpness settings so you can adjust the text to suit your eyes
· The Kobo Mini is sleek and stylish with the option of 3 interchangeable SnapBacks in a range of colours to suit anyone’s reading style
· Readers have direct access to the Kobo eBookstore from the Kobo Mini with a Wi Fi connection—and a storage capacity for up to 1,000 eBooks
· Kobo SnapBack available at select retailers and while supplies last. Available SnapBack colours vary by retailer. Check your local store for availability.
**Full featured is defined as having a touchscreen display, Wi Fi connectivity and a suite of advanced reading features.
Now, for you parents who allow your children to explore and foster a love of reading through electronic devices, you’ll be happy to know that the Kobo Mini received the seal of approval from Parent Tested Parent Approved™ (PTPA), North America’s largest volunteer parent testing community with more than 60,000 parents. The PTPA awarded the device 196 out of a possible 200 points and praised it for its colour display, speed, and ease-of-use for even the youngest of family members.
Here’s what some members of the PTPA had to say about the Kobo Mini:
“I liked the fact that all 3 of my kids could use this Kobo Mini. I also like the durability of the Mini, even after several drops by my 3 year old son, the Kobo still worked!”
“The wifi made it so easy to find hot spots where I could download new books and connect and share on Facebook. Nothing quite like a little quiet time at Starbucks with a latte in hand and access to all the books in the world. It makes it hard for a Momma like me to not want to take advantage of ‘me time’.”
“The Kobo Mini is always thinking ahead and ready to suggest new great reads to you.”
“Kobo makes it easy for parents to encourage their children to read with colourful devices, a great selection of eBooks, and my favourite – a battery that lasts a month!”
Fun fast facts:
Looking at the Canadian Lovebirds:
- Albertans buy the most erotica (could it be related to lonely tar sand workers?)
- Newfoundland is second (some of our Newfoundlander readers are working in the Albertan tar sands after all)
- Yukon comes third, and has a very strong per capita interest in gay erotica
- What about those sexy Quebeckers? Dead last. Apparently, their real lives are sexy enough.
Love around the world:
- Proportionally, Americans consume 50% more erotica than Canadians
- Australians and Canadians are about the same in terms of their consumption of erotica
- Germans buy half as much as Canadians, and the French buy half as much as Germans
The Kobo Mini eReader is available for $59.99 until February 14th, so gift yourself or the one you love with the gift of reading. As an added Valentine’s Day bonus, you can customize your Kobo Mini with a complimentary, colourful Kobo SnapBack. Choose from Ruby, Purple and Teal colours to match your style or mood.
For more information, visit http://www.kobo.com/kobomini.
Want to win one? It’s simple! Complete any of the following, with bonus entries for doing more than one.
1. Like theSceneinTO on Facebook and tell us what your favourite book is. Get your friends to like us, ask them mention your name and you get a bonus entry for each friend that name drops you (because hey, you’re important too)
2. Follow us on twitter and tweet the following with us:
My fave book is — & I want to #win the KoboMini #giveaway c/o @theSceneinTO!
3. Subscribe to TheSceneinTO emails toward the bottom of our homepage.
Contest runs through February 14th.
Happy reading my friends.