Movember? What, wait? It’s November! Well not anymore! November has affectionately been changed to Movember, an annual campaign challenging participants to get sponsorships to grow their mustaches for the full month of November. All funds raised go to prostate cancer research and toward supporting the development of programs related to prostate cancer awareness, education, and research into the prevention, early detection, treatment and hopefully, a cure for prostate cancer.
So now that you know, it’s time to man up and become a Mo’ Bro’. Show off your ‘stache skills and earn some bragging rights.
Aside from a sweet ‘stache, what’s the best way to get your Movember fundraising going? Host a ‘Stache Bash! Grab some moustache-ioed Rickard’s and try some of the ultimate Movember party tips below.
How to throw the ultimate ‘Stache Bash:
- Keep the food simple and Mo’ friendly by avoiding sauces and crumbs
- Let your favourite Mo’ inspire your décor– if you’re fond of handlebars, consider a ho-down
- Charge a cover at the door – pay what you can for prostate cancer
- Challenge your guests to a friendly fundraising competitions – think trivia, board games, cards, or arm wrestling
- Sell tickets and raffle off ‘stache themed swag
- Movember isn’t just for the men in our lives – Mo’ Sistas are needed to support and challenge their men to go with a Mo’ (and remind them to start shaving again on December 1). Just because you can’t grow your own doesn’t mean you can’t join in—and we certainly have been joining in. I haven’t seen this many women displaying false ‘staches since, well, never.
For more Movember inspiration or a spot of fun, visit MoRickards.ca and test your skills in a Mo’ Duel.
Please also visit Movember.com for more information on the movement and how to make a donation.